Saturday, August 22, 2009

Link Crew

Finally! Orientation is finally over. After two tiring days of training and the super tiring orientation I'm glad it's finally over! Overall it was really fun and a good experience. I'll start off with the first day of training.

So I slept around 5 am and woke up at 7 am to take a shower. Yeah 2 hours of sleep, how do I do it. HAHA! I called Ryan to pick me up and we were off to Verdugo. We got into the big gym and we had to make our name tags. I thought of a cool design for my name tag, but I ended up writing "CEEJAY" in the top left of the tag and forgetting what I was going to do. SO, I hid that one in my pocket and went and got a another one so I can write up a new one. Once that was done, Mr. Driscol made us do some silly things such as putting our arms up in the air. But when we did so, Alvin decides to call my cellphone and it rings .. So I had to put one arm down to answer. What a bad first impression, stupid Alvin! HAHA! We did a few "activities" and got with a partner and then into groups. Andrew Roca was in my group and he wouldn't stop talking! I was being so blunt with him too. He said, "Hey Ceejay, I'm gonna bring my camera on Thursday, can you film me jerkin?" And I just said, "No" with a smile on my face. HAHA! So mean, but I didn't want to lie and say yes. LOL. We just practiced the intros to the activities, how to set them up and then the outros.

After, Ryan, Alvin and I left to Taco Bell. I called Rick over to come with us, but he didn't arrive at Taco Bell until we were done eating our food. So that was kinda gay for him. We headed back home to my house which was a hell walk cause it was so fucking hot. We were gonna play gamecube but since I had a 2 hour sleep I knocked out on the floor. HAHA! Woke up and everyone was just watching TV. Alvin left, and so did Ryan. Then Rick slept over with Martin. That's that day.

Next day of training day, I woke up late cause my dad was suppose to wake me up, but I never heard him. So I had only 30 minutes to get ready and shower, plus Martin and Rick wanted to go to. They didn't wake up and so I just left. Only 3 hours of sleep, and Alvin came over really early. My mom took us to the school and we basically did the same thing the day before. Train! We got the group of people and I didn't want the two people I wanted, so I went around looking for them and asking if I can switch people and it was a success! We also got our Link Crew shirts and they no more smalls, so I quickly grabbed a medium. Once the mediums were gone, everyone started begging me for mine! I don't know why cause girls can just tie up their larger shirts and make it smaller than they normally are, while guys on the other hand, can't do anything without looking gay! LOL So I kept the medium and it was really big on me, but whatever. We were then assigned to call our assigned freshman to see if they were coming tomorrow. That's kinda gay, but whatevs! HAHA!

We went to McDonalds this time. Fendi came along and a few other Link Crew leaders but they ate elsewhere. Fendi is fucking hilarious! I couldn't fucking breathe when he was making jokes! And I don't think he intends anything to be funny, but the way he complains about things is fucking hilarious! HAHAHA! He also called one of his freshman and the mom said, "Uhh, he's not here right now, he's somewhere very far away" So we automatically thought, OH SHIT HE GOT KIDNAPPED. HAHAHA! But it's probably cause of separating parents an the father gaining custody of the child. LOL While walking home, my dad texted me about how I wasn't home an hour earlier and how I always think about myself rather than my siblings. That's so fucking stupid. He knows I'm out there for the school, not for me. I'm helping out freshman and even if it is fun, it's fucking tiring! But whatever, he's dumb.

AND NOW! FINALLY! The orientation! I fell asleep at 12 this time so I can at least get the twice the sleep I did the day before. Woke up at 6:30 because we had to get to the school an hour earlier. While looking at the time, I noticed I didn't have enough time to eat breakfast. So I grabbed two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, the ones we get for lunch at school, and a water bottle and the papers I needed. It was so hard walking there and eating and drinking at the same time. So I took a pit stop and put my stuff on top of a random car. As I was drinking, I noticed a woman watching me from the window of the home behind the car, so I quickly got my shit and fast walked all the way to school! HAHAHA!

Once I was there, I took my name tag, stuck it on. Then Carol told me to change the group numbers listed on the freshman's name. So I changed the two freshman I wanted and put them into my group. We then assigned certain jobs while we were at the gym. I was assigned the job to sit randomly in the crowd of freshman and break up groups of girls by telling them I have to sit where they are sitting. HAHAHA! But I just sat next to my two freshman buddies who are girls and they sat in a group of girls, so I had the perfect seat! I did my job! HAHA! We were also suppose to cheer for freshman as they came through the door. Ryan was screaming things like, "HEY BUDDY REMEMBER ME?!" When in reality, he didn't know who they were. LOLOLOL! That was fucking hilarious! Then he was screaming "I HATE FILIPINOS!" HAHAHA! Man, my stomach was hurting.

Once I went to my group, only 3 arrived in my group! Plus the two freshman I wanted, so that was a total of 5 people! When we were suppose to have 12! WOW! Ryan only had 3 HAHAHAHA! Carol had 5 and Liz I think had 6. Or was it vice versa? Well I don't remember. But we all decided to combine one big group and luckily found a room :]

The freshman were cooperative except this one guy named Daniel who liked to sit down rather than stand up. He also left for the "bathroom" but surprisingly, he came back. But later on, he left again and never came back. HAHA! But however, everyone was very cooperative and all the games went well. Except Team Juggling where we have to throw lots of balls at assigned people, too much dropping of balls. HAHA! We didn't do the last activity and just decided to do Human Knots. It's a game where we got into a circle and grab people's random hands and try to get back into a perfect circle without letting go of anyone's hands. We cheated and let go! HAHA! Then we tried to play another game such as Boom Chicka Boom Boom Boom Boom and Big Booty, but we lagged enough for the tour! HAHA! We kept running into bigger groups of people and everything was good. Headed back to the big gym, got a talk from Mr. Driscol and found out that we didn't have enough subway sandwiches for the whole Link Crew, so we're now getting a pizza party! WOOT! Now I'm awaiting the first day of school and I'm dreading the fact I have to wear my Link Crew shirt on the first day. Well at least that gets rid of the concentrated thinking of which shirt to wear! HAHA!

Well here's a long blog that'll last a week! So hope you got bored and fell asleep and didn't even managed to get down here. So here's a picture of the Link Crew leaders.



BTW, besides my new laptop, I also have a new phone which I've been addicted to using and I've been abusing my unlimited texting! WOOT!

Bye Bye!

5 comments:

j said...

Nioce nioce. GG today. LOL I'm kidding. I know how you feel it's not funny. NOT FUNNY AT ALL.

K said...

FAG.

jaddis hy said...

thanks for offering me your food!

Alvin xD said...

LOL @ Janice.
those were the most fun I had in my whole summer

Jacqueline said...

YOU'RE GAY.